Name of the Post :
Intern, UNESCO C2C, WII
Advertisement Number :
Advisement No: WII/C2C/Internship/15/2015
Number of the posts :
Rs 8000/- per month
Education (or) Qualification & Experience :
Bachelor’s’ Degree in English Literature/Journalism/Sociology/Ecology/Environment/
Economics/ Heritage Studies/Social Science.
One-year experience in English language media or publishing house. Should have
good command over English and excellent editing skills
Masters degree in English Literature/Journalism/Sociology/Ecology/Economics/
Heritage Studies/Social Science
Knowledge/understanding of wildlife, environment, landscape, ecology and World
Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Should have good working knowledge of the internet, social media etc.
Editing experience, and articles in popular media and/or journals.
Ability to work under tight deadlines
Willingness to take on tasks required (for example admin, research)
Job Location :
Job Description :
Research into existing literature on Heritage sites
Coordinating and follow up with authors publishers and other relevant
parties for articles to be published.
Editing articles. Should have ability to turn poorly-written copy into crisp,
readable articles without destroying essence of the story.
Coordinate and follow-up with printers, and over see the production of a
Developing media plan, writing of press release, and coordinating with
authors, press, officials, scientists and other concerned authorities.
Age Limit :
Not exceeding 35 years as on the date of interview
About Company :
Established in 1982, Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is an internationally acclaimed Institution, which offers training program, academic courses and advisory in wildlife research and management. The Institute is actively engaged in research across the breadth of the country on biodiversity related issues.
The Institute’s idyllic campus that has been carefully developed to create state of the art infrastructure encourages scholarly work.
General Condition :
1. The candidates should report by 0930 hrs on 23 rd April, 2018 at the UNESCO C2C building at the Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun for scrutiny of documents followed by an Interview on the same day. No accommodation will be provided for the candidates appearing for interview. Interviews will be held at the Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun. Candidates should bring the duly filled in application with selfattested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications along with certificates of extracurricular activities, date of birth, mark sheets of all examinations etc. All original documents /certificates must be produced at the time of registration on 23 rd April 2018 for necessary verification.
2. Candidates residing outside Dehradun may opt for appearing for the interview online through videoconference/Skype. Candidates must send copies of their EQ, DQ and CV by email to
email@example.com on or before 19th April 2018 for scrutiny. Only shortlisted candidates will be
allowed to participate through video conference/ Skype on 23rd April 2018. The candidates opting for
Skype Interview will be called for online interview at any time between i.e. 1100 to 1300 hours
(forenoon). Candidate must arrange necessary logistics for attending the Online/ Skype Interview and the Institute will not arrange any technical support thereof. If such a candidate is selected, all original documents /certificates must be produced upon a date to be decided and informed by the Institute for verification of original documents before final offer of appointment as intern.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
4. The application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s website www.wii.gov.in
5. The Director, WII, reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
WALK-IN INTERVIEW Date On 23rd April 2018.
Contact Address :
P.O. Box # 18, Chandrabani, Dehra Dun – 248 001, INDIA
EPBAX: 0135-2640111 to 2640115, FAX: 2640117
Web site: www.wiii.gov.in