Organization Name :
RURAL ELECTRIFICATION CORPORATION LIMITED (REC)
Name of the Post :
Executive Director (Engineering) (Grade E-9)
Executive Director (Finance) (Grade E-9)
Job Description :
The Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC), a NAVRATNA Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE), has been playing a key role in power sector
development across the nation for 48 years by financing power projects throughout the value-spectrum. Apart from providing value-added services to the
power-sector client, REC acts as the nodal agency for the flagship programmes of the Government of India for power sector reform, transformation, and
development. REC has been providing funding for power generation projects, in both conventional energy and renewable energy space, along with proactive
role in creation and improvement of the infrastructure for Transmission & Distribution network in the country.
REC offers a wide range of products to finance the needs of the Power Sector throughout the country. During the financial year 2016-17, the Company
disbursed a total amount of Rs. 58,038.61 crores, which included Rs. 21,697.61 crores towards generation projects, Rs. 26,270.30 crores towards T&D
schemes and Rs. 1,617.68 crores towards renewable energy projects. In addition to that, Rs. 8,037.54 crores of Government of India grant was administered
under DDUGJY during the financial year 2016-17. The Operating Income of the Company on standalone basis for financial year 2016-17 was Rs. 23,350.79
crores with a Net Profit after Tax of Rs. 6,245.76 crores. REC’s Net Worth as on March 31, 2017 stood at Rs. 33,325.59 crores, 16% higher than the Net
Worth a year earlier.
The Power Sector is on the cusp of transformation and we need outstanding and committed professionals who would lead the company and are adept at
translating ideas into actions and wish to be a part of our success story, for heading critical functions of the Corporation, the details of which are as under:
Number of the Posts :
Executive Director (Engineering) (Grade E-9)—-02 Post
Executive Director (Finance) (Grade E-9) —–01 Post
Executive Director (Engineering) (Grade E-9)—- Rs.62,000-3%-80,000
Executive Director (Finance) (Grade E-9)——-Rs.62,000-3%-80,000
Age Limit :
Not be more than 55 years of age
Education / Qualification & Experience :
Candidates for the above positions should not have less than 20 years of experience of relevant professional experience and should not be more than 55 years
of age. In case of candidates working with CPSEs, a minimum experience of 3 years in the IDA pay scale of Rs. 51,300-3%-73,000 (in the highest grade of
Rs. 51,300-3%-73,000 in PSEs where this pay scale is operative in multiple grades) or super time scale/senior administrative grade or equivalent grade of Rs.
37,400-67,000 + GP 10,000 (CDA scale of pay level 14) is required. Applicants, who are holding the posts in the pay scales specified above (in the
immediate lower grade) in substantive capacity i.e. other than time scale etc. will only be considered eligible for the post.
For candidates coming from organizations other than PSEs, equivalence will be drawn keeping in mind their different hierarchical structure, pay scales &
emoluments and service rendered. The decision of the Corporation shall be final and binding in this regard.
Candidate should possess inspiring leadership qualities, networking and communication skills to be able to build and lead a team of professionals. He/She
shall be a self-driven, result-oriented professional with insatiable quest for excellence and passion for continual professional growth.
About Organization :
REC came into being in 1969 to articulate a response to the pressing exigencies of the nation. During the time of severe drought, the leaders sought to reduce the dependency of agriculture on monsoons by energizing agricultural pump-sets for optimized irrigation. Thereafter, we have ventured into newer paths and expanded our horizons to emerge today, as a leader in providing financial assistance to the power sector in all segments, be it Generation, Transmission or Distribution.
As a Navratna company under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power, we have been rated ‘Excellent’ in terms of the MoUs signed with the Government for 22 consecutive years. We fund our business with market borrowings of various maturities, including bonds and term loans apart from foreign borrowings, on our own. Domestically, we hold the highest credit ratings from CRISIL, ICRA, IRRPL and CARE and internationally we are rated at par with the sovereign ratings. Under the discerning leadership of highly qualified and experienced professionals, which has effectively harnessed the individual talents of all our employees, we have maintained consistent profit margins and paid dividends each year since fiscal 1998. We have thus propelled ourselves to a net worth of over ₹30,000 crore.
Job Location :
7, Lodhi Road, CGO Complex,
Pragati Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110003
How to Apply :
Candidates are required to fill in the Application Form (attached with this advertisement). The application form complete in all respects should be sent
through e-mail to email@example.com duly addressed to Deputy General Manager (HR), Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd., so as to reach by 1800 hrs on 20th January 2018.
Candidates shortlisted by a Screening Committee shall be called for personal interview (s) before the duly constituted Selection Committee.
General Information :
1 .Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
2. Reservation & Relaxations will be as per Government of India guidelines.
3. All qualifications should be from Universities/Institutions recognized and approved in India by UGC/AICTE/Appropriate Statutory Authority (ies).
4. Those working in Government / PSUs are required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of Interview.
5. The cut-off date for ascertaining age and experience will be 31st December 2017.
6. Teaching experience and training period including Induction training will not be counted as experience
7. Management reserves the right to raise/ relax the eligibility criteria, in case so required.
8. If at any stage of recruitment or even after appointment, it is found that a candidate has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any
material fact(s) his/her candidature/ appointment will stand automatically cancelled/ terminated without notice.
9. Mere fulfilling of eligibility criteria shall not confer any right to the applicant for being called for the interview/selection process.
10. In case any difference in versions other than English, English version will prevail.
11. REC reserves the right to cancel / modify the recruitment process, if required, without any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
12. Correspondence from candidates shall not be entertained and corrigendum/clarifications, if any shall be uploaded on REC website and no separate press
coverage will be given.
13. All appointments will be subject to medical fitness as per Company Rules.
14. Fraction of percentage in educational qualification will be ignored and will not be rounded off to the next highest integer i.e. 59.9% will be treated as less
15. All disputes / cases related to this recruitment process are subject to jurisdiction of courts of Delhi only.
16. Candidates are required to bring in all supporting documents in original, alongwith an attested copy (Birth Certificate, mark sheets, degrees, caste
certificates, disability certificate, proof of experience etc. issued by the appropriate authority) at the time of interview for verification.
***Important Dates :
Last Date to submit application Form : 20th January 2018