National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)
Name of the Post :
- Diploma Trainee(Electrical,Mechanical,C&I)
Number of the Posts :
Diploma Trainee – 50 Posts(Reserved for OBC,UR,SC,ST)
- Mechanical (23)
- Electrical (16)
- C&I (11)
Advertisement No :
- WR-1/Mumbai: 01/2018
- Selected candidates will undergo training for a period of 2 years at various NTPC sites and will be paid a consolidated stipend of Rs.15,500/- per month. On successful completion of training, these candidates will be absorbed in the pre-revised pay. scale of Rs. 15500-3%-34500/- (W7 grade). The final place of posting will be allocated after successful completion of the training. The wage revision is due w.e.f. 01.01.2017.
Upper Age Limit :
- Upper Age limit is 25 years as on last date of application.
- For Land Oustees upper age limit is 35 years as on last date of application.
Education/ qualifications :
- Electrical :Full time regular Diploma in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering with minimum 70% marks.
- Mechanical: Full time regular Diploma in Mechanical / Production Engineering with minimum 70% marks.
- C&I: Full time regular Diploma in Instrumentation/Electronics Engineering with minimum 70% marks.
Selection Criteria :
- Eligible candidates will have to undergo 2 stages of Online Test (Computer Based Test).
- 1 stage Online Test: In first stage, Online Aptitude Test (120 multiple questions)
covering General English, Quantitative aptitude & Reasoning will be conducted. The
duration of the test will be 2 hours. Each question carries 1 mark and 0.25 marks will
be deducted for wrong answer. There is qualifying marks (40% marks in case of
General category and 30% in case of SC/ST/OBC/PwBD candidates). The
nd candidates will be shortlisted @ 1:10 for 2 stage Online Test (Technical). There will
be no weightage to online aptitude test in final selection.
- 2 stage Online Test: In 2 stage, Online Technical Test (120 multiple questions) in
respective discipline will be conducted. The duration of the test will be 2 hours. Each
question carries 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answer. There is
qualifying marks (40% marks in case of General category and 30% in case of
SC/ST/OBC/PwBD candidates). Offer of appointment may be issued based on
merit. No skill test will be conducted.
- Candidate belonging to General/OBC category is required to pay a nonrefundable registration fee of Rs 300/-. The SC/ ST/ PwBD/ XSM candidates need not to pay the registration fee.
About Organization :
NTPC is India’s largest power utility with an installed capacity of 53,651 MW, plans to become a 130 GW company by 2032. Established in 1975, NTPC aims to be the world’s largest and best power major.
NTPC has comprehensive Rehabilitation & Resettlement and CSR policies well integrated with its core business of setting up power projects and generating electricity. The company is committed to generating reliable power at competitive prices in a sustainable manner by optimising the use of multiple energy sources with innovative eco-friendly technologies thereby NTPC is contributing to the economic development of the nation and upliftment of the society.
Job Location :
Mouda Super Thermal Power Project/Maharashtra,Solapur Thermal Power Project/ Maharashtra.
Important Dates :
Start Date : 18/04/2018
Last Date to submit application Form : 09/05/2018
Contact Address :
NTPC Limited,Western Region-I Headquarters , 2nd Floor, Samrudhi Venture Park, MIDC, Marol Andheri(East), Mumbai-400093.