Organization Name :
National Institute Of Oceanography(NIO)
Name of the Post :
Number of the Posts :
- PA-II – 2 Post s
Advertisement No :
- Rs. 25000/- pm
- HRA will be paid as per rules.
Age Limit :
- Maximum Age: 30 Years
- Age relaxations 5 years for statutory groups and women.
Education/ qualifications :
- B.E / B.Tech Electronics & Communications or M.Sc Physical Oceanography / Remote Sensing.
- Minimum Marks: 55%in aggregate from any recognized University.
- Experience in C, C++, Fortran, MATLAB, shell script, remote sensing & modelling
Selection Criteria :
- Based on Qualification and Interview.
About Organization :
The National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) with its headquarters at Dona Paula, Goa, and regional centres at Kochi, Mumbai and Visakhapatnam, is one of the 37 constituent laboratories of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi.
CSIR-NIO was established on 1 January 1966 following the International Indian Ocean Expedition (IIOE) in the 1960s. The institute has since grown into a multi-disciplinary oceanographic research institute of international repute. The principal focus of research has been on observing and understanding special oceanographic characteristics of the Indian Ocean. The results have been reported in more than 5000 research articles so far.
The institute has a sanctioned strength of 200 scientists and 100 technical support staff. The major research areas include the four traditional branches of oceanography – biological, chemical, geological/geophysical, and physical – as well as ocean engineering, marine instrumentation and marine archaeology.
Job Location :
Important Dates :
Date and time of interview: 02/05/2018 10:00 AM
Contact Address :
NIO Dona Paula, Goa-403004