Organization Name :
Ministry of Defence
Name of the Post :
Ministry of Defence Tradesman Mate & Fireman
Number of the Posts :
- Tradesman Mate-03(OBC-01,SC-01,UR-01)
Advertisement No :
01-04-2015 to 31-03-2016, 01-10-2011 to 31-03 2012
- Tradesman Mate: Pay Rs.18,000/- pm plus other allowances
- Fireman : Pay Rs.19900/- pm plus other allowances
Age Limit :
- Minimum: 18 Years
- Maximum: 25 years
- Relaxation as per Indian Government rules.
Education/ qualifications :
- Tradesman Mate:(i) Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized Board.OR Industrial Training Institute pass Certificate from a recognized institute.(ii) Knowledge of Hindi
- Fireman:(i) Matriculation or equivalent (ii) Knowledge of Hindi
Selection Criteria :
- Tradesman Mate:Physical Test Mandatory to pass physical test as decided by Board of Officers for recruitment. Written Test Only pass candidates of physical test will appear in written test.
- Fireman:Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties and mandatory to pass the tests specified below:-Physical Measurement (qualifying) :- (i) Height without shoes –165 cms. (ii) Chest (unexpanded) – 81.5 cms. (iii) Chest (on expansion) -85 cms.(iv) Weight 50 kgs (Minimum) Physical Endurance Test:-(i) Carrying a man/weight (Fireman lift) of 63.5 Kgsweight to a distance of 183 meters within 96 seconds. (ii) Clearing 2.7 meters wide ditch landing on both feet (long jump). (iii) Climbing 3 meters vertical rope using hands and feet.(iv) Run 1.6 km in 6 Min. Written Test:- Only pass candidates of physical test will appear in written test.
About Organization :
After independence, the Ministry of Defence was created under the charge of a Cabinet Minister and each Service was placed under its own Commander-in-Chief. In 1955, the Commanders-in-Chief were renamed as the Chief of the Army Staff, the Chief of the Naval Staff and the Chief of the Air Staff. In November 1962, the Department of Defence Production was set up to deal with research, development and production of defence equipment. In November, 1965, the Department of Defence Supplies was created for planning and execution of schemes for import substitution of defence requirements. These two Departments were later merged to form the Department of Defence Production and Supplies. In 2004, the name of Department of Defence Production and Supplies was changed to Department of Defence Production. In 1980, the Department of Defence Research and Development was created. In 2004, the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare was created.
The principal task of the Ministry is to frame policy directions on defence and security related matters and communicate them for implementation to the Services Headquarters, Inter-Service Organisations, Production Establishments and Research & Development Organisations. It is required to ensure effective implementation of the Government’s policy directions and the execution of approved programmes within the allocated resources.
The Department of Defence deals with the Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) and three Services and various Inter Service Organisations. It is also responsible for the Defence Budget, establishment matters, defence policy, matters relating to Parliament, defence co-operation with foreign countries and co-ordination of all defence related activities.
The Department of Defence Production is headed by a Secretary and deals with matters pertaining to defence production, indigenisation of imported stores, equipment and spares, planning and control of departmental production units of the Ordnance Factory Board and Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs).
The Department of Defence Research and Development is headed by a Secretary, who is the Scientific Adviser to the Raksha Mantri. Its function is to advise the Government on scientific aspects of military equipment and logistics and the formulation of research, design and development plans for equipment required by the Services.
The Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare is headed by a Secretary and deals with all resettlement, welfare and pensionary matters of Ex-Servicemen.
Job Location :
Important Dates :
Start Date : Already Started(Speed Post only)
Last Date to submit application Form : 04/05/2018
Contact Address :
The Commanding Officer , 20 MOUNTAIN DIVISION ORDNANCE UNIT, PIN 909020, C/O 99 APO