Name of the Post :
Advertisement Number :
Advertisement No.IITM/R/3/2018 dated 11.04.2018
Job Location :
Age Limit :
minimum 27 years to maximum 50 years
About Company :
Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public engineering institute located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. As one of the Indian Institutes of Technology, it is recognized as an Institute of National Importance.
General Instructions of the candidate:
1.Candidates should apply online only in the website https://recruit.iitm.ac.in/external/.
2. Separate application has to be filled for each post.
3. Candidates should follow the prescribed procedure for submission of online application. Candidates should scan and upload photo copies of required certificates, in support of age, community certificate if belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL from the competent authority, educational qualifications, experience etc. along with the confirmation report of the online application. Candidates belonging to OBC-NCL should submit a form of declaration as per the proforma (see page 5) in addition to community certificate.
4. Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the Institute through e-mail only. Test/Interview schedule and requirements with regard to copies of certificates to be submitted in respect of claims made in the online application will be e-mailed in due course to the candidates in their registered e-mail and will also be posted on the recruitment portal
of the Institute. No separate letter by post will be sent for this purpose. Further, for any updates, please visit the recruitment portal regularly, as any subsequent amendment will be announced on the recruitment portal only.
5. Application fee Rs.100/- should be paid through online portal. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should pay the fee for each post in the prescribed manner. No application fee for SC/ST/PwD/Exservicemen.
The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be held in reserve
for any other application or examination or selection.
6. The candidates applying for any post should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for the post. Their admission to any stage of the selection process will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy
the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of registration certificate / call letter to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
7. Certificate in support of experience should be in proper format i.e. it should be on the organization’s letter head bearing the date of issue, specific period of work (in DD/MM/YYYY format), nature of duties, name, designation and signature of the Administrative Authority/Owner of the organization along with his/her seal
8.After successful online submission of application, a print out of the application form must be obtained and submitted when called for test. It will be required at the time of document verification/test/interview. Hard copy of the application is NOT to be sent to the Institute.
9. Candidates must be citizens of India. Persons who have migrated from Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling in India or subjects of Nepal are also eligible, but in their case a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India will be necessary for appointment. Such candidates should apply to the Government of India in the Ministry of Home Affairs for necessary certificate and furnish satisfactory proof of having so applied.
10. The prescribed qualifications are minimum and unless specified, they are required for consideration for the post, even if higher qualification has been acquired and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview.
11. Relevant experience gained after the minimum qualifying degree will only be taken into consideration. Minimum requirements of qualifications and/or experience can be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates.
12. The experience required is relaxable at the discretion of the Institute in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, if at any stage of selection the competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancy reserved for them.
13. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for written / skill test / interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications, level and relevance of experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements. The Institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons therefore.
Start Date to Apply :Date: 11.04.2018
The last date for submission of online application is 19.05.2018.