Organization Name :
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ( IIT)
Advertisement No :
Advt. No. 107/2018
Name of the Post :
Job Description :
Officers under the Central / State Governments / Universities / Recognized Research Institutes or Institutes of national importance like IIT or its stature:-
a) i) Holding analogous post or ii)With at least 3 years regular service in posts with GP of
Rs. 8700/- or equivalent; and b) Possessing educational qualification and experience as
prescribed in above column.
Number of the Posts :
Rs. 37400-67000/- and Grade Pay of Rs. 10000/-
Education / Qualification :
Masters degree or equivalent in any discipline with at least 55% marks
At least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP Rs. 7000 and above
or with 8 years of service in the AGP of Rs. 8000 and above including as Associate
Professor along with experience in educational administration.
Job Location :
How to Apply :
Candidates must apply online by clicking on the link http://www.iitrpr.ac.in/staff-positions upto 09/02/2018, 5:00PM.
2. After completing the online application forms, the candidates should click submit and by pressing Clt+P, take
a print of the application, sign it and the same be submitted alongwith requisite application fee and the selfattested copies of educational qualification and experience to The Joint Registrar (Establishment),
Recruitment Cell, Room No.125, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Nangal Road, Rupnagar140001(Punjab).
3. In case hard copy of the application alongwith above enclosures is not received by the last date and time, the same will not be considered.
4. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
5. Good knowledge of computer applications (on word processor, spreadsheet, presentations, software etc. and OS like MS-Windows, LINUX etc.) will be a distinct plus.
6. Relaxation of Age & Percentage
i) The maximum prescribed age for each post shall be the same as given against post in the
Recruitment Rules of the Institute. The age shall be determined as on the last date of the
ii) Age is relaxable for five years for SC/ST candidates and three years for OBC candidates.
Candidates belonging to other eligible categories shall have relaxation as per GoI norms.
iii) For direct recruitment posts, the upper age limit shall be relaxable up to five years in respect of
the persons working in IIT Ropar on the posts which are in the same line or allied (Contract)
cadres and where a relationship could be established that services rendered will be useful for
efficient discharge of the duties in other categories of posts. The age concession shall be
admissible only where an employee has rendered not less than three years continuous service.
The candidates’ belonging to SC/ST categories shall have relaxation in age for additional five
iv) For regular employees of IITs who are educationally qualified can be considered for direct
recruitment across the whole IIT system up to a maximum of 50 years of age.
7. In addition to the above pay scale, the post carries the usual allowances at par with those admissible under Central Government in the corresponding pay band.
8. The post will be filled up on contract or deputation basis for a period of 5 years as per Government of India Rules.
9. Application in the prescribed format may be forwarded alongwith following documents:
i) The complete and upto date CR dossiers/ Assessment reports of the officers for the last 5 years with photocopies of the same duly attested by an officer may be forwarded.
ii) No disciplinary/ Vigilance case is pending or contemplated against the officer.
iii) No major/ minor penalty has been awarded to him during the last ten years.
10. Candidates serving in Government / Semi-Government Organizations / Public Sector Undertakings /
Autonomous Bodies must send their applications “Through Proper Channel”. The applications received other wise will not be considered. However, an advance copy of application may be sent followed by the original application “through proper channel”.
11. The selected candidate(s) will be covered under the New Contributory Pension Scheme as notified by the Government of India, Ministry of Finance vide notification No. 5/7/2003ECB&PR dated 22nd December, 2003.
12. Candidates should send a Demand Draft of Rs.100/- as application fee in favour of the Registrar, IIT Ropar, payable at Ropar, Punjab. No fee is required for SC/ST/PWD and women candidates.
13. The institute follows the reservation norms as per GoI rules for SC/ST/OBC/PWDs. Central Govt.
approved list of SC, ST and OBC categories is applicable at IIT Ropar. Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PwDs must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in Govt. of India orders. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the format prescribed by GoI in support of their claim at the time of application. PWD’s will be entitled to all exemptions, relaxations, benefits as per Govt. of India guidelines. Only such person who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability, would be eligible for reservation of PwD. Candidate has to submit relevant disability certificate as prescribed under PwD Act, 1995.
14. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in Test/Interview.
15. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct/result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
16. The Institute may conduct Written and/or Practical Test for any/all the above posts and only those
candidates who qualify the said test(s) may be called for interview.
17. The prescribed Essential Qualification/Experience indicated are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for IIT Ropar to conduct test and/or interview of all the candidates, IIT Ropar may restrict the number of candidates to be called for written test/skill test/ interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualification and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The candidates should, therefore, furnish details of all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed along with documentary evidences. The institute may relax the eligibility criteria for candidates working in IIT System.
18. Institute is free to restrict/change the criteria to call the eligible candidates for the written Test/Interview.
19. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
20. Outstation candidates called for test/interview will be paid Railway fare (2nd AC) through Demand Draft (to be sent later)/ Transfer to the bank account of the candidate from the place of duty/residence to Rupnagar/Place of Test/Interview and back by the shortest route.
21. Applications received through E-mail / incomplete / not on prescribed format / without application fee / without self attested copies of relevant documents (Both Qualification & Experience) will not be
22. The age of superannuation for the post is 62 years.
23. Canvassing in any form/bringing in any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a
disqualification for the post. “INTERIM ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED”. If it is found at any stage that any information given in the application is incorrect/false, the candidature/appointment
is liable to be cancelled / terminated on that ground.
24. The application duly filled in the prescribed form along with supporting enclosures must reach the office of the Joint Registrar on or before 16.02.2018 (5.00 PM) at the address given below. IIT Ropar shall not be responsible for postal delays, if any. The envelope should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Registrar.” Applications received after the due date shall not be considered.
25. Any corrigendum/ addendum or modification, if any, would appear only on the institute website and not
to be published in any Newspaper.
***Important Dates :
Last Date to submit Online application Form : 09/02/2018 upto 5:00 pm
Last date for submission of hard copy of the online submitted application forms is 16/02/2018 upto 5:00 pm
Contact Address :
The Joint Registrar (Establishment)
Room No. 125
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
Nangal Road, Rupnagar – 140001 (Punjab)