Name of the Post :
Officer on Special Duty (Civil)
Officer on Special Duty (MEP) & Other Vacancies
Advertisement Number :
Advertisement No. Rect/AdmnII/2018/3
Number of the posts :
Consolidated Pay Range: O2 (Rs. 50000 to Rs. 70000)
Annual Increment: Rs. 5000/
Education (or) Qualification :
Degree in Civil Engg. with minimum second class from any recognised university or AMIE
The candidate shall have worked at least Ten
years in the capacity of Superintending
Engineer or above or equivalent in any
Government / autonomous body/ semi
government office or a post drawing
In order to carry out the required task, require
OSD’s to help Dean IPS in administrating
architectural contracts, planning, financial
management , estimating, progress,
monitoring, reporting, budgeting, supervise
new constructions on the campus with the skill
sets like Civil, MEP, Electrical and Land
The candidate shall have thorough
experience in directly handling all aspects of
construction works of RCC buildings, shall be
able to independently coordinate and
successfully negotiate all terms and
Conditions, impose contractual obligation and
deliver within stipulated period.
About Company :
All posts are temporary and shall not have claim on any regular position and shall not bestow
any of the privileges (housing and other benefits) available to regular employees of IIT Bomb.
2. Candidates desirous to apply for more than one post should apply online for each post separately.
3. The applications received in response to advertisement will be scrutinized and only shortlisted candidates will be called for selection process. Merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for further selection
4. Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidate to a reasonable limit by shortlisting the application based on academic performance and / or relevance of experience.
5. The Institute reserves the right to: (a) not to fill any of the advertised positions (b) fill
consequential vacancies arising at the time of selection from available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change.
6. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the minimum
essential qualifications and experience laid down in the advertisement. Qualification obtained
has to be from recognized University/Institute.
7. The relaxation in age limit for SC/ST/OBC(NCL) candidates are applicable only if the post is
reserved for particular category as per rules. Age relaxation for PwD and Exserviceman candidates are as per rules.
8. The age limit criterion will be relaxed for persons working in any department / section / unit /
project of IIT Bombay for at least three years (220 days or more per year) and who have crossedthe age limit criterion during the above period, provided that they have acquired the requisite qualification before reaching the prescribed age limit for the post.
9. Age relaxation would be as per Institute norms.
10. Candidates should upload copies of certificates in support of their qualification (matriculation
onwards), experience, pay drawn details, Date of Birth, Caste certificate etc. Originalcertificates should be produced at the time of Selection process as well as while joining.
11. Applicant is required to upload certificate/s in support of minimum required experience in proper format i.e. it should be on the organizations letter head, bearing the date of issue,
specific period of work, designation, pay drawn for each position, duly certified by the concerned issuing authority.
12. Incomplete application shall be summarily rejected. Applicant shall keep a print out of filled
application which shall be produced at the time of selection process.
13. Persons employed in Government and SemiGovernment organization or Educational Institution
to upload a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current employer in support of their
application or should provide the same before beginning of Selection Process.
14. The appointment of the selected candidates is subject to being found medically fit as per the
requirements of the Institute.
15. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct of selectionprocess and reasons for not being called.
In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any
stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to
modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
17. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the
Institute shall be final.
18. The Institute shall verify the antecedents and documents submitted by a candidate at any time
at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the
documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine
antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall
be terminated and legal action may be initiated against such candidates/employees.
19. Eligibility of a candidate for the post applied shall be considered as on the last date of closing
of online application interface, as per criteria specified in the advertisement.
20. For any query related to online submission of application you may send email to
firstname.lastname@example.org However, queries related to interpretation of rules will not be entertained.
21. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
22. No interim correspondence will be entertained
How to Apply :
Candidates are advised to mention their correct and active email address in the application, as all the correspondence like issuance of call letter or any other information will be communicated through email only.
Start Date to Apply :Date: 18.5.2018
The date of closing the online application interface is 12.6.2018. Hard copy of the online application
is not required to be sent by post.