Organization Name :
Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology(IIFPT)
Name of the Post :
- Research Associate
- Senior Research Fellow
- Project Assistant
Number of the Posts :
- Research Associate – 01 Post
- Senior Research Fellow – 02 Post
- Project Assistant – 01 Post
Advertisement No :
- .Research Associate: Rs.40,000/- Plus 10% HRA
- Senior Research Fellow: Rs.25,000/- Plus 10% HRA
- Project Assistant: Rs.12,000/- Plus 10% HRA
Age Limit :
- 35 years for men and 40 years for women as on date of Interview
Education/ qualifications/ Experience :
- Research Associate:Ph.D in Food Process Engineering/ Food Science and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Nanotechnology/ Allied disciplines (or) Master’s degree in these subjects with 1st division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade point average with at least 2 years of research experience as evidenced from Fellowship/ Associateship/ Training/ other engagements. Published research papers will be desirable
- Senior Research Fellow(01 Post): Post graduate in Chemistry/ Analytical chemistry/ bio chemistry/Food chemistry/ Food Technology/ Microbiology with NET/SLET or doctorate degree and also working experience in a chemical and instrumentation laboratory
- Senior Research Fellow(01 Post): M.Sc. in Food Science and Nutrition/ M/Tech in Food Process Engineering/ Bio Technology (or) Bioscience/ Food Safety and Quality Control
- Project Assistant: B. Tech/B.Sc in Food Process Engineering / Food Technology/Food Science and Technology/ Biochemistry/ Food Science and Nutrition or allied subjects
Selection Criteria :
- The selection will be based on a short duration written examination followed by an interview.
- Rs.500/- (exempted for SC/ST/PWD Candidates).
About Organization :
The Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (Formerly Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology) is a pioneer Research and Development Institute under the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India. Dr. V. Subrahmanyan. an eminent scientist and founder Director, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, after his retirement, started PPRC in 1967 as R & D laboratory in the Modern Rice Mill complex of Thanjavur Co-operative Marketing Federation (TCMF) at Tiruvarur, Tamil Nadu, India under the dedicated leadership and the able guidance of late. The mandate of the Institute at its inception was to seek solutions for preserving high moisture paddy because the paddy harvest season in Southern India coincided with the tail end of the South West monsoon. The Institute was later upgraded as a national laboratory with the name Paddy Processing Research Centre (PPRC) in 1972. At the time of up-gradation the mandates of the Institute were also changed and the scientists in the Institute focused their research in identifying technologies for post harvest procession and preservation of paddy. The Institute was moved to it current location at Thanjavur in 1984.
.Considering the vital importance of strengthening R & D efforts in the post-harvest processing, preservation and value addition of raw agricultural produce, the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) strengthened and upgraded the PPRC as a National Institute in February 2008 and renamed as Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology (IICPT). The Honorable Union Minister of Food Processing Industries has rechristened IICPT as Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IIFPT) on 31st March 2017. In its upgraded form, IIFPT will focus on providing solutions to all food processing areas including fish, meat and dairy products processing through intensive research and development activities. The Institute is located at Thanjavur, the ancient capital of Chola Kingdom and the granary of Tamil Nadu. The IIFPT with its modern laboratories equipped with hi-tech instruments, is engaged in the R&D of food grain processing, value addition, by-product utilization through bio-processing, process and product development. Our Food Quality Testing Laboratory is NABL accredited and FSSAI referral. We have a hi-tech and cottage level food processing incubation cum training center. Hands-on-training on different food processing technologies, renting facilities and other supports are offered all thought the year to help the entrepreneurs to put in their innovative ideas for the development of new products. IIFPT offers B.Tech., M.Tech. and Ph.D. programs in Food Process Engineering and M.Tech. programs in Food Science and Technology and PhD in Biotechnology.
Job Location :
Important Dates :
Walk-in Interview: 09/05/2018 Sharp 10.00 AM Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur – 613 005 (Tamil Nadu) .
The eligible candidate may walk-in with application in the given format along with an application fee of Rs.500/- by means of Cash/DD/Postal Order drawn in favour of “The Director, Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur” to the following address:
Contact Address :
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOOD PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY
Ministry of Food Processing Industries
Pudukkottai Road, Thanjavur – 613 005
Tel:04362-228155 Fax: 04362-227971
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.iifpt.edu.in