Organization Name :
ICMR-The National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE)
Name of the Post :
Project Technician-III (LAB)
Job Description :
a) Work involves exclusive travel in forest to collect biological samples.
b) Performance of laboratory analyses viz. sample processing and storage, nucleic acid extraction, qPCR as per the study SOPs/protocol
c) Documentation and maintenance of all project records, including laboratory/data etc
d) Maintenance of laboratory equipments viz. qPCR cycler, PCR cyclers, centrifuges, micropipettes etc.
e) Maintenance of laboratory inventory
f) Bio-waste managementPerform any other work assigned by the Director/PI/Co-PI/Superior officer
Number of the Posts :
Rs. 18000/- per month.
Age Limit :
30 years (No age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC Candidates)
Education / Qualification & Experience :
12th pass in science subjects and two years diploma in medical Laboratory
One Year DMLT + one year of laboratory experience in a recognized
a) Hands-on experience in clinical microbiological techniques including
b) Experience of working as part of a research project team
c) Experience should be supported by experience certificates/ testimonials
etc. from public sector/ private-multispeciality hospitals/ accredited
diagnostic laboratories/ Medical research institutes/ universities
About Organization :
The National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE) was established on July 2, 1999 by merging the Central JALMA Institute for Leprosy (CJIL Field Unit), Avadi with the Institute for Research in Medical Statistics (IRMS), Chennai. The broad objectives of the Institute cover Development..
Job Location :
How to Apply :
Instructions to the candidates:
1. Bring the filled in application with one set of Xerox copy of qualification and experience
2. Candidate should submit all certificates / testimonials in original for verification.
Candidates who fail to bring the Original Certificates for written test / Interview will not be considered.
3. Age Relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India
Rules, in respect of the posts reserved for those categories.
4. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in ICMR projects will also be admissible for
experience and skilled persons.
5. Experience certificate should clearly state the nature of work during the period of
6. Community/ Caste certificate: Candidates applying under OBC category shall submit attested
copy of OBC Non – Creamy Layer Certificate in specified format, issued within one year from
the closing date of application by the appropriate authority. Only Non Creamy Layer OBC
certificates will be accepted and other certificates will not be accepted.
7. No- Objection Certificate from the current employer (for Govt./AB/PSU Servants only).
8. All posts are Contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after
every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
9. The incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under NIE/ICMR or
continuation of his/her services in any other project.
10. TA/DA will not be paid by NIE for attending the written test/ interview.
11. The Institute reserves the right to fill up or not to fill the advertised posts.
The Director/Selection Committee has the right to accept / reject any application without
assigning any reason thereof and no recommendation in this matter will be entertained.
Canvassing and bringing pressure in any form for short listing, interview and employment will be a disqualification and barred from selection process
***Important Dates :
Walk in Interview :24-01-2018 (Wednesday)
Candidates are invited to attend Walk-In Interview between 9.00 AM to 10.00 AM for Field
Officers on contract basis at ICMR-NIE, on the date mentioned below (please refer website for
changes if any in the date of interview)
Contact Address :
R-127, Second Main Road, TNHB, Ayapakkam, Chennai – 600 077