Organization Name :
Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI)
Name of the Post :
1. Research Associate
2. Young Professional-II
3. Junior/ Senior Research Fellow
Number of the Posts :
1. Research Associate: 01 Post
2. Young Professional-II: 01 Post
3. Junior/ Senior Research Fellow: 01 Post
1. Research Associate—Rs. 40,000 + 30% HRA per month (as per the CSIR norms)
2. Young Professional-II—Rs. 25000 per month fixed (as per ICAR norms).
3. Junior/ Senior Research Fellow—Rs. 25000/- + 30% HRA per month for I & II year; and 28000/- + 30% HRA for III year (as per SERB, DST norms)
Age Limit :
Maximum 35 years for men and 40 years for women, SC/ST/ OBC and PH as per Govt. of India/ICAR/CSIR rules) for SRF/RA posts.
Education / Qualification & Experience :
1. Research Associate—-
Essential qualifications: Ph.D. with specialization in Plant Biochemistry/ Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology or having 3 years of research experience after M.Tech.
Desirable: Experience in molecular biology and biochemical techniques with minimum two publications in peer reviewed journals.
2. Young Professional-II—-
Essential qualifications: Master’s degree in Agril. Biochemistry, Genetics/Plant breeding / Biotechnology/ Plant Molecular Biology/ Botany/ Plant Physiology/ Bioinformatics/Equivalent degree.
Desirable qualifications: Research experience in the areas of cloning of gene, gene expression assays, heterologous expression, bioinformatics tools in crops, etc.
3. Junior/ Senior Research Fellow —
Essential: M. Sc. with specialization in Plant Biochemistry/ Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, NET/GATE qualified.
Desirable: Experience in molecular biology and biochemical techniques
Selection Criteria :
Selected Based on Interview
About Organization :
The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa (Bihar) with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps. The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology. Bacteriology unit was added in 1907. The name of ARI was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and, in 1919 it was renamed as Imperial Agricultural Research Institute. Following a devastating earth quake on 15th January 1934, the institute was shifted to Delhi on 29th July 1936. Post independence, the institute has been renamed as Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI).
During the fifties, the advancement of scientific disciplines constituted the core program of IARI and provided the base for its fast expansion in the 1960’s and 1970’s. It attained the status of a Deemed University in the year 1958. The green revolution that brought smiles to millions of Indians bloomed from the fields of IARI with the development of famous wheat varieties which contributed an estimated on billion tones of addition production. As the Mother of several ICAR institutions, IARI continues to be the leading institution for agricultural research, education and extension in the country.
The present campus of the Institute is a self-contained sylvan complex spread over an area of about 500 hectares (approx. 1250 acres) and located about 8 km (5 miles) west of New Delhi Railway Station and about 16 km (10 miles) east of IGI Airport (Palam). The location stands at 28.08 0N and 77.12 0E, the height above mean sea level being 228.61 meters (750 feet). It is adjacent to hillside road.
Currently, the Institute has 20 divisions 5 multi-disciplinary Centres situated in Delhi, 8 regional stations, 2 off-season nurseries, 3 All India coordinated research projects with headquarters at IARI and 10 national Centres functioning under the all India coordinated research projects. It has the sanctioned staff strength of 3540 comprising scientific, technical, administrative and supporting personnel.
Job Location :
How to Apply :
Candidate should report by 9:30 AM on 15-02-2018 for verification of Certificates (must bring original certificates). Candidates reporting after 10.30AM for verification of Certificates will not be considered for interview.
• No objection Certificate (NOC) from the current employer is required, if working.
• Bio-data as per the format given in Annexure 1 should be submitted along with attested copies of 10th, 12th, Under-graduation, post-graduation, Ph.D. and NET/GATE and other certificates required. Affix an attested recent passport size photograph in the Bio-data. The bio-data should contain Academic qualifications starting from 10th Standard to the maximum qualification with % marks obtained, distinction/medal if any. This is required for calculation of academic score. If the candidates do not fill the marks and relevant attested certificates, the academic score will not be awarded.
• Candidate should bring project work report/thesis, testimonials/experience certificates, published research papers, etc. to support their claim on experience.
• The above posts are purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis for an initial period of one year or the project duration whichever is earlier, which may be extended on yearly basis after satisfactory performance of the incumbent till termination of the scheme. There is no provision of re-engagement after termination of scheme. Selected candidate shall not claim for regular appointment at this institute as the fellowship is co-terminus with respective scheme.
• TA/DA: No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
***Important Dates :
Date of Interview: 15-02-2018 (Thursday)
and Reporting Time: at 09:30 am
Contact Address :
Committee Room, Division of Biochemistry, IARI, Pusa campus, New Delhi 110 012.