Organization Name :
Ref. No.: BL/Rect/Exe/E2/TCW-Patal/2017-18/05 Date of Advertisement: 10th January, 2018
Name of the Post :
Unit Head – Temperature Controlled Warehouse (TCW)
Number of the Posts :
Age Limit :
Education / Qualification :
3 years Graduate (NonEngg) in any discipline
About Organization :
Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as well as services sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the Organization to achieve leadership position in many of its businesses.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Industrial Greases & Specialty Lubricants, Steel Barrel, Corporate Travel and Logistics Services. The Company also has significant presence in most of the other businesses it operates in, namely, Refinery & Oil Field Services [ROFS], Leather Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, etc.
CONCESSIONS, RELAXATIONS & RESERVATION
Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for Other Backward Classes (OBC) – non creamy layer (NCL) candidates.
The Caste/Tribe/Community certificate issued by the following authorities in the prescribed form for SCs/STs and for OBCs as per format available on the website
will only be accepted as proof in support of a candidate’s claim as belonging to the Scheduled Caste or the Scheduled Tribe or the Other Backward Class.
Certificates received in any other format shall not be considered for availing reservation benefits.
(i) District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector /Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/1
st Class Stipendary
Magistrate/Sub Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
(ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate;
(iii) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar; and
(iv) Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
Reservation & Relaxation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as per Govt. rules.
The Upper age limit for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) candidates is relaxable by 10 years (15 years for SCs/ STs & 13 years for OBCs). Persons
belonging to following categories are eligible apply:
a) Blindness and low division
b) Deaf and hard of hearing
c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness
e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d)
Persons with 40% or more Disability shall be eligible for relaxation. The PwBD candidates must possess a Certificate to this effect issued by the
Board/countersigned by the Medical Superintendent/Chief Medical Officer/Head of Hospital of Government as per the format available on the website. Certificates
received in any other format shall not be considered for availing reservation benefits.
Reservation of posts for SC, ST and OBC (non creamy layer) will be as per presidential directives.
Upper age limit is relaxable for Ex-Servicemen as per extant applicable rules issued by the Competent Authority.
The candidate’s appointment shall remain provisional till such time as the Caste/ Tribe/ Class (NCL) certificates and other testimonials are verified and certified by
appropriate authority as genuine. The candidate’s services shall be liable to be terminated forthwith without assigning any reason in case the above verification
reveals that his/her claim for belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWBD/ES category and other testimonials, if any, is found false. BALMER LAWRIE & CO LTD also reserves the
right to take such further action against the candidate, as it may deem proper, for production of such false caste certificate.
***Important Dates :
Last Date to submit application Form :12/02/2018
Other General Conditions:
1. Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD. being
the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied. No
correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
2. In case the post applied for is not mentioned clearly & correctly an application is LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY without any correspondence.
3. Incomplete applications, applications not as per the prescribed format or applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY without any correspondence.
4. Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
5. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
6. All qualifications should be AICTE/ UGC/ MHRD/ AITA/ UFTAA recognized and from AICTE/UGC/ MHRD recognized/ affiliated Institutes/ Colleges/ Universities.
7. The job description mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the requirement of the company and discretion of the management.
8. Only short listed candidates who are found primafacie eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case
9. Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWBD) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
10. The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for relaxation of age and/or for consideration against reserved positions
11. Relaxations / Reservations etc. for SC/ST, PWBD and OBC (Non Creamy Layer) will be as per Government Rules.
12. Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PwBD category should produce the original caste/ class/ disability certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as
given in our website as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim, at the time of interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by
Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered and his/ her travelling expenses will not be reimbursed.
13. Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be
false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement or such information is not supported by appropriate documentary evidence.
14. The Company reserves the right to relax age in case of candidates with longer years of experience/in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced candidates.
15. The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
16. The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment whether
through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof.
17. The Company reserves the right to offer position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary.
18. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature.
19. The candidates should clearly and correctly write their mobile number and correct email address. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through email addresses only.
20. Those short listed for interview shall be intimated through e-mail. They are required to bring the following original certificates along with self-attested photocopies as documentary proof
at the time of interview:
Proof of Age,
Educational Qualifications (All the Mark sheets & Certificates)
Service Certificate of past employment & proof of date of joining & its continuity in the present Organization
Last Salary Certificate/ Payslips (Last 3 months) (if applicable)
Copy of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Persons with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) certificate, if applicable from the Competent Authority. OBC
certificate produced by candidates should clearly indicate that they do not belong to creamy layer.
In the absence of any of the above documents, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for interview and in that case, no travel expenses shall be reimbursed.
21. Out Station Candidates called for Interview for the post of Unit Head – TCW, Patalganga (E2) shall be entitled for to & fro travel reimbursement limited to AC 2 tier rail fare or equivalent
from the mailing address mentioned in the on-line application form to the venue of interview by the shortest route as per rules. Candidates providing mailing address of a country other
than India, in the application form, will be reimbursed to and fro rail fare, as per entitlement mentioned above, from the port of arrival in India to the venue of interview by the shortest
route as per rules. The candidate will be required to fill in the Travelling Allowance (TA) form at the Interview centre and submit proof for travel undertaken.
22. The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment
23. The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s
Joint Ventures/ Associates.
24. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules of the Company.
25. Online submission of application is permitted on the website between 0000 hours on 10.01.2018 till 2359 hours on 12.02.2018. Any communication as regards extension of last date of
application shall be published on the Company’s website only.
26. In case it is found at any stage that the candidate is not meeting the requirements as laid down in the advertisement, his/her candidature may be cancelled.
27. In case it is found at any stage that the candidate has given incorrect information while filling up the on-line application form, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and in that case no
traveling expenses shall be reimbursed.
28. Balmer Lawrie shall not be responsible for any loss of email/communication letter sent, due to invalid/wrong email id/wrong postal address/postal delays/loss in transit etc. No request in
this regard will be entertained.
29. No Correspondence shall be entertained by the Company with regard to recruitment.
30. The court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Kolkata.
Contact Address :